VIRTUAL TRAINING RESOURCE – LISTENING EFFECTIVELY
Communication is crucial to effective management and to communicate effectively managers must be able to listen. A manager that cannot listen will find it difficult, if not impossible to connect with team members. Therefore, listening is an indispensable skill that a manager cannot afford to be without. In this session we will explore how managers can listen more reflectively using five simple skills.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- describe what effective listening is,
- explain why effective listening is necessary for good management,
- describe how to use the five key skills to listen more effectively, and
- demonstrate the skills involved in effective listening after engaging in practice.
KEY TOPICS THAT WILL BE DISCUSSED
- What is effective listening?
- Why is effective listening important?
- Barriers to effective listening
- Skills for effective listening
- Practice effective listening
In the next post we will explore what effective listening is.