VIRTUAL TRAINING ACTIVITY ON EFFECTIVE LISTENING – SESSION REVIEW AND ACTION PLANNING
This post concludes the Listening Effectively session.
- Display the slide titled – SESSION REVIEW.
SLIDE – SESSION REVIEW
- Tell them that:
- During this session we explored what effective listening is, explored barriers to effective listening and identified five key skills for effective listening.
- There is just one thing left for us to do.
- You will spend some time reflecting in order to identify how you will use what we’ve discussed today.
- Display the next slide titled – ACTION PLANING – WHAT NEXT?
ACTION PLANNING – WHAT NEXT?
SLIDE – ACTION PLANNING – WHAT NEXT?
WORKBOOK CONTENT – ACTION PLANNING – WHAT NEXT?
During this session you’ve had the opportunity to look at what effective listening is and explored five skills you can use to listen effectively. The next question for you is, what are you going to do with what you got from the session today?
In the table below are some reflective questions. Please read through them and note down your answers. Also, identify one thing from your answers that you will share with the group.
Please take 10-minutes to answer the questions.
- After displaying the slide, read out the information on the slide and use it to set them up to do the activity.
- Give them 10-minutes for the activity.
- When the 10-minutes is up, stop them and get everyone’s attention.
- Allow each person to tell you one thing from what they wrote down.
- When you finish listening to them, thank them for attending the session and their participation.
- Then display the next slide and end the session.