VIRTUAL ACTIVITY: INTRODUCING SITUATIONAL LEADERSHIP – REVIEW, REFLECT AND CLOSE
This is the final post for the session on Introducing Situational Leadership. The previous posts on the session and where you can read them are below:
- What is situational leadership (here)?
- What is a leadership style (here)?
- The four leadership styles (here)
- The four development levels (here)
- Matching leadership styles to development levels (here)
- Reflecting on my team (here)
In this post, the session will be reviewed, participants will have a final reflection of what they learnt during the session and then the session will be brought to a close.
- Display the slide titled – SESSION REVIEW.
- Tell them that:
- During this session we’ve explored what situational leadership is.
- We also discussed the four leadership styles and development levels under situational leaders.
- We also looked at how the leadership styles match up with the development levels.
- The final activity is for you to think about what you will do differently as a result of your learning today.
REFLECT – NOTE – ACT
- Display the slide titled – REFLECT – NOTE – ACT.
- Direct each person to the section in their workbooks titled – REFLECT – NOTE – ACT. Here is the template for this activity – reflect-note-act template
- Give them 10-minutes to do the activity there.
- When the 10-minutes is up, stop them and again ask for each of them to share one thing they are either going to start doing, stop doing or continue doing.
- Listen to each of them without commenting.
- When they finish, thank them for doing the activity and let them know you’ve now come to the end of the session.
END THE SESSION
- Display the next slide and end the session.