Training Resource – Introducing Effective Delegation #1
Delegation is a process that can help managers be more effective and efficient. When delegation is done properly, it can support managers to work with their teams more effectively, develop team members and establish a culture of trust in the team. This session will explore actions managers can take to delegate more effectively.
- 2.5 hours
After going through this session, participants will be able to:
- describe what delegation is
- identify the benefits of delegation
- explain barriers to delegation and act to overcome those barriers
- take actions that result in effective delegation
INTRODUCE THE SESSION
Introduce the activity by sharing the learning objectives with them. Display the slide titled – LEARNING OBJECTIVE.
After displaying the slide, tell them that:
- During this session, we will explore what delegation is and its benefits.
- We will also ask and answer the question of why some managers delegate despite the benefits of delegation.
- We will look at some ways to overcome those objections.
- Finally, we discuss what we can do to delegate effectively.
Now that we’ve introduced the session, in the next part we will explore what delegation is.