TRAINING SESSION – UNDERSTANDING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE – INTRODUCTION
Emotional intelligence is the ability to understand, use and manage our emotions in positive ways. Emotional intelligence has great benefits in helping us manage our own behaviour and interact with others. It is believed to be one of the most important leadership qualities because it can help us interact with others and influence them in much more productive ways. In this session, participants will explore what emotional intelligence is. They will also discuss the components of emotional intelligence.
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:t
- define emotional intelligence
- describe the core behaviours of emotional intelligence
- Read through all the resources (facilitation guide, workbook, and presentation) to understand how they all work together to deliver the session.
INTRODUCE THE SESSION
Introduce the session by sharing the learning objectives with them. Display the slide titled – LEARNING OBJECTIVES.
After displaying the slide, tell them that:
- Emotional intelligence is an important leadership quality that helps us to manage our own behaviour and positively influence others.
- During this session, we are going to discuss what emotional intelligence is.
- We will also explore the main behaviours of emotional intelligence
Let them know that during the session they will answer two questions which are:
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Why is emotional intelligence important?
- What are the core behaviours of emotional intelligence?
Ask if they have any questions and/or comments about what you just told them. Listen to any questions or comments they have and respond appropriately.
Next, move on to answer the first question which is, what is emotional intelligence?
The next part of the training session will answer the question – What is emotional intelligence?