TRAINING SESSION – UNDERSTANDING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE – REVIEW, REFLECT AND CLOSE
This is the conclusion of the training session on Understanding Emotional Intelligence. In this part of the session, we will review what was discussed, and then the participants will do a self-reflection activity before closing the session.
Display the slide titled – REVIEW.
Tell them that:
- During this session, our aim was to learn what emotional intelligence is.
- We started out by defining emotional intelligence.
- Then we looked at why emotional intelligence is important.
- Finally, we explored the core behaviours of emotional intelligence which are, self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
- To close the session, you will do a quick reflection on how what you discussed today will impact your own emotional intelligence.
Display the slide titled – REFLECT – NOTE – ACT.
Direct them to the part of their workbooks titled – REFLECT – NOTE – ACT. Give them 6-minutes to read the information there and do the reflective activity.
When the time is up, stop them and get everyone’s attention. Thank them for taking the time to do the reflective activity. Ask each participant to share their thoughts about how what they learnt during the session will impact their own emotional intelligence.
Listen to them without commenting or asking any questions.
After that, thank them for their participation and close the session.
This is the end of the session.