TRAINING SESSION – SELF-AWARENESS FOR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE – INTRODUCTION
Self-awareness is about understanding our emotions and their impact on ourselves and others. It is the first and foundational component that is necessary for developing emotional intelligence. In this session, participants will explore some actions they can take to develop their self-awareness so they can become more emotionally intelligent.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- describe six actions they can take to develop their self-awareness, and
- demonstrate two of the actions immediately.
- Read through all the resources (facilitation guide, workbook, and presentation) to understand how they all work together to deliver the session.
Participants should know what emotional intelligence is. They should also know what the four components of emotional intelligence are.
PARTICIPANTS GROUP SIZE
Up to 16 people
INTRODUCE THE SESSION
Introduce the session by sharing the learning objectives with them. Display the slide titled – LEARNING OBJECTIVES.
After displaying the slide, tell them that:
- We know that self-awareness is one of the four core behaviours of emotional intelligence.
- In this session, we are going to look at self-awareness in more detail.
- Specifically, we will identify six actions we can take to develop our self-awareness to help us improve our emotional intelligence.
Ask them for any questions and/or comments about what you just said. Listen to any they have and respond appropriately.
Then move on to the first part of the session which is, ‘Reviewing Self-Awareness.’
The next part of the training session will review what self-awareness is.