TRAINING SESSION – SELF-MANAGEMENT FOR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE – INTRODUCTION
INTRODUCE THE SESSION
Introduce the session by sharing the learning objective with them. Display the slide titled – LEARNING OBJECTIVE.
Then tell them that:
- Self-management is one of the four components and core behaviours of emotional intelligence.
- It is the second personal competence together with self-awareness.
- In this session, we are going to look at self-management in more detail.
- First, we will briefly review what it is.
- Then we will explore some actions that can help us develop our self-management skills.
Ask them for any questions and/or comments about what you just said. Listen to any they have and respond appropriately.
Then move on to the first part of the session which is, ‘Reviewing Self-management.’
In the next part of the session, the participants will review what self-management is. They would have discussed it in a previous session (Understanding Emotional Intelligence).